Barbed fittings for use with plastic and rubber tubing and reinforced hose are available from NewAge Industries in five materials. Each material – polypropylene, polyethylene, nylon, PVDF, and brass – offers different performance properties to meet the demands of diverse applications such as appliances, medical devices, chemical transfer, laboratories, food and beverage processing, pharmaceutical uses, general industrial, vending equipment, potable water, MRO and OEM.
advantages of Thermobarb’s different materials include:
• Polypropylene – excellent chemical and solvent resistance; autoclavable; made from FDA-approved material; available in natural color and black
• Polyethylene – chemical resistance; high impact resistance at low temperatures; NSF-61 (National Sanitation Foundation) listed material for use with potable water; black color
• Nylon – resists physical stress and abrasion; made from NSF-61 and NSF-51 (food equipment) material; autoclavable; natural color
• PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride) – excellent resistance to abrasion and U.V. exposure; resists creep and fatigue under mechanical stress and load; autoclavable; wide temperature range: -80°F to 226°F (-62°C to 107°C); natural color
• Brass – designed for maximum durability; made of durable CDA 360 brass
Thermobarb fittings offer simple connections – just push the fitting into the tubing and secure it with a clamp. Multiple barbs provide a tight fit with the tubing’s I.D.
Sizes range from 1/8” through 1” tubing I.D. in styles that include tees, wyes, reducers, connectors, adapters and nipples. Pinch clamps and check valves are also stocked, as well as clamps and other fittings such as push-to-connect, compression, and cam operated couplings.