Designs in one week with automated design tool FACT

9th July 2018
Posted By : Anna Flockett
Designs in one week with automated design tool FACT

A&J Fabtech are continually looking to offer solutions to make customers’ lives easier, and where better to start that than with the design process, that people believed to be too long in the industry overall. Combining A&J’s product knowledge alongside industry leading software and in-house expertise, the company is announcing that A&J Fabtech can now deliver a complete settlement bridge design in just one week thanks to its new automated design system, aptly named FACT (Fully Automated Configuration Tool).

Bespoke to A&J Fabtech, FACTutilises a series of proven design principles to generate an optimised design based around a harmonised standard specification. Developed to encompass 95% of all customer standards and specifications in the first instance for scraper designs between 5-40m Diameter. The output can then be adjusted to suit the remaining 5% of customer specific requirements to ensure the client receives the highest quality results within the shortest timeframe.

This encompassing design tool has been in development for some time. The involvement of A&J Fabtech’s Technical Manager, Carl Hirst, has meant the project has undergone a rapid development and growth to the stage that it is now being used in live projects across current workload. While the design process across the industry usually takes anywhere up to eight weeks to complete, A&J Fabtech can complete this in just one week - placing A&J Fabtech at the forefront of the industry, not only in expertise, but also in response time.

A&J Fabtech continue to defy the ‘norm’ in a reversal of roles as the sales team will soon be able to complete the design process directly with the client at tender stage. This will further reduce the total turnaround, so that the time from order placement to site installation can be potentially reduced from the industry standard 12 weeks to just eight weeks.

You must be logged in to comment

Write a comment

No comments

Sign up to view our publications

Sign up

Sign up to view our downloads

Sign up

Digital Transformation Week Europe 2023
26th September 2023
Netherlands RAI, Amsterdam and Online
AI and Big Data Expo Europe 2023
26th September 2023
Edge Computing Expo Europe 2023
26th September 2023
Netherlands RAI Amsterdam
IOT Tech Expo – Europe
26th September 2023
Netherlands RAI Amsterdam Conversion Centre
The 2nd Annual London Climate Technology Show 2023
26th September 2023
United Kingdom ExCeL London