In these uncertain times, it's vitally important to learn new skills and remain engaged, even when working remotely. The Summit Series aims to help upskill and inspire engineers by focusing on specific innovations across different sectors.
The 3D Hubs Summit Series takes place every Wednesday at 17:00 (GMT) / 18:00 (CET) and is then available on the 3D Hubs website. The line-up includes:
- Available: Thomas Stock at Autodesk - During the webinar, Thomas provides a live demo of Fusion360’s FFF workflow, what it means to the FFF community having this functionality in Fusion 360, and how this technology really benefits from the complete Fusion 360 design to manufacture workflow.
- Available: Scott Summit, Founder at Bespoke Innovations - Talk explores the intersection between the body, human needs, and technology. Scott discusses the how new technology tools allow the creation of customised products, based on business models previously considered unimaginable.
- 6th May: Additive Flow - Looking at how intelligent and multi-functional digital solutions can allow designers and engineers to unlock performance from additive manufacturing and industrial 3D printing technologies.
- 13th May: Brad Templeton from Singularity University - The developer of self-driving cars and board member of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, who consulted on Google’s team designing a driverless car discusses emerging technology of automated transportation.
- 20th May: Sam Rogers, Additive Design Lead at Gravity Industries - Discusses the design of the Jet Suit at Gravity and how the business in pioneering aeronautical innovation in the pursuit of the next frontier in human flight.
- 27th May: Jon Bruner, Head of Enterprise Strategy at Carbon - With customers including Vitamix & Adidas, Jon will discuss how Carbon are breaking manufacturing boundaries, designing and creating completely unique products.
“With a global lockdown impacting our industry, all businesses and individuals must look to the future. We understand this period can be hard on individuals and want to do what we can to help,” said Brian Garret, Co-founder and CPO at 3D Hubs. “Through our Summit Series, we hope to help engineers learn and be inspired, now and for the future.”