WEISS, indexing ring
WEISS indexing rings provide ultimate flexibility in a compact design
News Release from:
WEISS UK Limited
WEISS Indexing Ring technology offers a highly flexible approach to a wide range of rotary assembly applications. The NR Series of freely programmable indexing rings offer the ultimate flexibility for machine builders and end user customers with a simple four step set up:
WEISS pioneered the indexing ring concept which was quickly adopted as users instantly recognised the practical benefits of being able to make use of the area on the inside of the ring. The indexing ring concept allows items such as SCARA or small 6 axis robots, presses and pick and place units etc to be mounted within the ring. This not only provides greater access around the outside of the machine, but also saves valuable floor-space by reducing the machine footprint.
WEISS Indexing Ring Technology is available in a number of variants, including fixed position indexing of between 6 and 36 positions (TR Variants) or alternatively as a freely programmable indexer, using a servo motor (NR Variants). The indexing ring systems are also available in four sizes:-
• TR / NR 750 - Outside diameters from 750mm with Inside diameter up to 490mm
• TR / NR 1100 - Outside diameters from 1100mm with inside diameter up to 800mm
• TR / NR 1500 - Outside diameters from 1500mm with inside diameter up to 1135mm
• TR / NR 2200 - Outside diameters from 2200mm with inside diameter up to 1750mm
This combination of ring diameters together with the options on fixed or freely programmable index positions enables WEISS to offer the perfect solution to a wide range of assembly applications.
• Connect the table and WEISS controller
• Enter the ring size and select the desired number of increments
• Set and store the starting position
• Enter the mass moment of inertia to enable the shortest possible cycle time – Finished !!
All variants of the WEISS indexing ring range guarantee high precision indexing as both the drive and the locking mechanisms are mounted as close as possible to the outside diameter of the ring. For additional flexibility the rings are capable of clockwise or counter clockwise rotation. They also provide very smooth acceleration and deceleration, which ensures that even small delicate parts can be indexed safely and securely at speeds of up to 120 cycles per minute.
WEISS manufacture a complete range of rotary and linear indexing systems which can be applied to a wide range of automation applications. The precision, quality and reliability of the product range have earned WEISS the reputation as first choice for indexing solutions throughout Europe and the United Kingdom.